Next steps in the development process (almost in order)
- List, create and initial Advisory Board members - DONE
- Contact Advisory Board members
- Begin 'alpha' test with:
- RSI staff - DONE
- Inner 'friend' circles (each should create a list of about five people and reach out)
- Build views pages
- Build first two Specialized Questionnaires
- My Health at Risk
- My City at Risk?
- Redo budget and funding appeal document
- Write up first contact emails
- Advisory board members
- List and reach out to donors
- List and reach out to initial outreach multipliers
- Fill following posts with new staff:
- Multiplier Outreach: Natalie?
- Media Relations:?
- Annual Event:?
Missing elements or themes in Worldwide Questionnaire
- How about a Global Stability Risk Outlook (think of the CAPE concept in meteorology)
- CAPE stands for Convective Available Potential Energy and is the amount of fuel available to a developing thunderstorm. More specifically, it describes the instability of the atmosphere and provides an approximation of updraft strength within a thunderstorm. So CAPE is used by weather officials to understand what the potential might be for thunderstorms and how powerful those storms might become if they do materialize.
- How about, also, a Global Risk Alert Level?
- Sanitation, notably access to public WC
- The question: "Where I live, public toilets are easy to find." - Likert
- Airport security
- The question: "In my country, airport security is strict and effective." - Likert
- Sufficient local or national prep for disasters (both natural and caused)
- The question: "My country has good disaster response systems in place." - Likert
To do on the site
- Revisit all the geo zone references in the questions
- Build Views pages
- Full view - DONE (needs refining)
- Select fields for Limited view
- WPML install and test
- French translation
- Video interview with Dan re: why the Census?
- Produce Elevator Pitch Video
Caveat: RSI or new non-profit?
- ¿¿ World Bank ??
- ¿¿ Another regional development bank ??
- Insurance company or association? The list is here.
A funding thought: maybe we need to get (a) the advisory board, (b) a first major outreach multiplier and (c) a first avalanche of respondents??
Nonprofit name ideas
- Institute for the Advancement of Risk Sciences
- Risk Evidence Observatory
- Global Risk Observatory
- Forum for the Analysis of Risk (FAR)
- Risk Sciences Observatory
- Infectious disease
- Misinformation (target: news professionals)